With International Love Your Pet Day this Sunday 20 February, Reflections Holiday Parks is sending a shout out to the thousands of people who pampered their pooch with a Reflections holiday last year and says pups are in need of some time out too.
Reflections Holiday Parks Group Manager Operations Cameron Tynan said 11,844 bookings with dogs were made at Reflections parks in 2021 compared to 14,703 in 2020 which suggests that after many months at home, our furry friends are badly in need of a holiday with their humans.
“Now is a perfect time for a change of scenery after so many have had restricted movements due to the pandemic,” Mr Tynan said. “If you tailor your music playlist for the road trip I’m sure Elvis Presley’s ‘Hound Dog’ would get everyone, pup included, in the mood for a holiday. “We have 29 dog-friendly holiday parks throughout regional NSW with many located on the coast or near spectacular walking trails that are perfect for our guests who want to get outdoors and explore the countryside with their favourite canine companion. “Our country parks based on inland dams are also particularly popular with families with dogs – the vast reserves and opportunities to have fun in the water make them a dog’s paradise.” Reflections Holiday Parks offer spacious camping and powered sites as well as dog-friendly cabins. Some parks also offer warm water hydro baths, biodegradable doggy bags and waiting poles to make for a better dog-friendly holiday experience. The 29 dog-friendly Reflections Holiday Parks include:
- NSW Far North Coast: Ferry Reserve, Ballina, Shaws Bay, Lennox Head, Evans Head
- NSW Mid North Coast
- Barrington Coast – Hawks Nest, Jimmys Beach, Tuncurry
- Greater Port Macquarie – Bonny Hills, North Haven
- NSW Coffs Coast – Urunga, Mylestom, Coffs Harbour, Moonee Beach, Corindi Beach, Red Rock
- Nambucca Valley – Nambucca Heads, Scotts Head
- NSW South Coast: Bermagui, Eden, Pambula
- Central West NSW: Cudgegong River, Lake Burrendong, Mookerawa Waters, Grabine Lakeside, Wyangala Waters
- New England NSW: Copeton Waters, Lake Keepit
- Upper Hunter NSW: Lake Glenbawn
Mr Tynan said dogs were part of many families and it was important for Reflections to be able to provide options so that the whole family could enjoy a holiday escape. To book a Reflections Holiday Park’ experience visit: www.reflectionsholidayparks.com.au.