Four boys have been arrested by police investigating alleged aggravated break and enter and trespass offences in Casino this morning.
Officers attached to Richmond Police District initiated inquiries after receiving reports of homes in Barling and Sheppard streets had been broken into, as well as people seen trespassing in Fairway Drive between 3.30am and 5.30am (Monday 30 January 2023).
Following inquiries, police arrested four boys, one aged 13, two aged 14, and one aged 15.
Two of the boys – aged 14 and 15 – have each been charged with 13 offences,
• Aggravated break and enter and commit serious indictable offence – people there
• Aggravated break and enter with intent in company – not steal
• Aggravated break and enter and commit serious indictable offence (two counts)
• Enter enclosed land (not prescribed premises) without lawful excuse (five counts)
• Steal property in dwelling (two counts)
• Destroy or damage property, and
• Take and drive conveyance without consent
They’ve been refused bail to appear in a Children’s Court tomorrow (Tuesday 31 January 2023).
The two other boys will be dealt with under the Young Offenders Act.
Inquiries are continuing into the identity of a fifth boy.