Drug Taskforce detectives have charged a man following a search warrant which uncovered drugs with an alleged street value in excess of $3.7 million in Strathfieldsaye, south of Bendigo yesterday.
Police executed a search warrant a rural property on Taylors Lane, south of Bendigo, just before 2pm yesterday.
Items seized from the address included:
• Approximately 25kg of alleged MDMA tablets
• Approximately 75kg of powders, chemicals, dyes and binding agents used in the manufacture of MDMA tablets
• Commercial drug manufacturing machinery
• A Ford vehicle
• Electronic equipment including a laptop, mobile phones and iPads
A 47-year-old man was arrested and charged with:
• Trafficking a large commercial quantity of drugs
• Possessing a drug of dependence with intent to traffic
• Possessing a tablet press
• Negligently dealing with the proceeds of crime
The Strathfieldsaye man is expected to appear before the Bendigo Magistrates’ court today.