Melbourne Crime Investigation Unit detectives have charged two men following a series of alleged ram raids at high end stores across Melbourne north-western suburbs.
Detectives executed four search warrants today at homes in Kensington, Essendon, Ardeer and Princes Hill where they seized a significant amount of designer clothing and accessories.
A black Honda SUV was also seized and will undergo forensic examination.
Two men, a 49-year-old from Kensington and 43-year-old from Essendon, were taken into custody.
They were charged with burglary and offences against the bail act and will appear in the Melbourne Magistrates’ Court on 6 March.
The charges relate to incidents at seven businesses over the past two months:
– Ram raid at Collins Street, Melbourne high end store on 1 March
– Ram raid at Bulla Road, Essendon high end store on 27 February
– Shop theft at Racecourse Road, Flemington chemist on 25 February
– Ram raid at Collins Street, Melbourne high end store on 24 February
– Attempted burglary and criminal damage at Collins Street, Melbourne high end store on 24 February
– Ram raid at high end store on Collins Street, Melbourne on 2 February
– Burglary at Douglas Parade, Williamstown optometrist on 15 January
– Attempted burglary and criminal damage at Collins Street, Melbourne high end store on 15 January