Wodonga Council will once again shine a light on young people as the RED Carpet youth awards were launched this morning.
The awards are organised by a committee of young people from across local high schools in Wodonga with the support of Wodonga Council’s youth services team.
This year the committee has kept the award categories the same as last year with a few minor adjustments to some of the criteria.
The awards are open to young people aged between 14 and 24 who can be nominated for one or more of the following categories:
- Individual Community Service Award sponsored by Junction Support Services
- Young Worker Award sponsored by ATEL Employment Services;
- Endurance and Resilience Award sponsored by Indie School;
- Young Carer Award sponsored by Gateway Health Albury Wodonga;
- Contribution to Music and Performing Arts Award sponsored by Projection Dance;
- Contribution to Visual Arts and Media Award sponsored by Dutch Media;
- Sport and Recreation Volunteer Award sponsored by Albury Wodonga Aquatics Facilities (Aligned Leisure)
- Advocacy and Action Award sponsored by the Rotary Club Wodonga Central; and,
- Commitment to Continuous Learning and Development Award sponsored by Wodonga TAFE; and
- Youth Ambassador Award sponsored by Business Wodonga
The awards have again attracted great sponsorship from local businesses and community organisations, with the major sponsor being Albury Wodonga Community College.
Nominations can be made until 5pm Friday, May 15, with the awards ceremony to be held Friday, August 7, at The Cube Wodonga.