COVID-19 restrictions for religious gatherings and gyms will be eased from Friday 23 October 2020.
Under the eased restrictions:
- religious gatherings and places of worship (excluding weddings and funerals) can have up to 300 people attending
- NSW gyms will only be required to have a COVID-19 safety marshal if there are more than 20 people in the gym at one time.
People attending religious services will be required to provide personal details in case of contact tracing. The use of face masks is strongly recommended for all services.
COVID-19 safety plans must be in place for all religious gatherings and gyms across NSW.
People attending gyms are reminded to follow the COVID-19 recommendations to help stop the spread of the virus. Simple measures include:
- visit facilities during quieter periods
- practice good hygiene before, during and after working out
- maintain physical distance at all times
- wipe down equipment with disinfectant after each use.
Stay up to date with the latest COVID-19 news.