Police would like to remind motorists of upcoming road closures due to Anzac Day services across the Gold Coast.
Services will be held across the Coast with a large number of people expected to participate at various events throughout the day.
Extra police resources will be deployed to ensure the 2019 Anzac Day commemorations on the Gold Coast are not adversely affected by any anti-social behaviour or traffic issues.
External resources from Water Police, Dog Squad, Polair and Road Policing Command will supplement the local policing response ensuring a high-visibility police presence is broadly maintained across District.
Gold Coast Police would like to encourage the public to drink and act responsibly when commemorating Anzac Day, respecting the nature of the occasion.
Currumbin Dawn Service
This service will commence at 4.45am, with road closures from 2.00am to 8.30am.
Motorists are urged to avoid travelling around Elephant Rock access roads as diversions will be in place.
Shuttle Services will operate from the Pines Shopping Centre and Currumbin RSL.
Major Events Group Senior Sergeant Des Hearn said police had been working with organisers and stakeholders to ensure the service is conducted safely and with minimum disruption to traffic.
“The Anzac Day Dawn Service at Currumbin is significant, as evidenced by the large patronage over recent years,” Senior Sergeant Hearn said.
“Police strongly urge those attending to utilise the shuttle services provided and allow plenty of time to reduce last minute congestion.
“We thank motorists in advance for their patience and understanding with the disruptions and closures to the road network for the event.”
Motorists can expect delays and traffic congestion at the following road closures:
Please Note: times are only indicative and police will reopen roads once they are deemed safe.
CURRUMBIN: 2.00am to 8.30am
• Gold Coast Highway exits to Duringan Street
• Woodgee Street
• Teemangum Street
• Murraba Street
10.00am to 12.00pm
• Duringan Street from Pacific Motorway overpass to Fielding Street
• This will affect access to; Thrower Drive, Fielding Street, Philip Street and Mitchell Avenue
UPPER COOMERA: 7:30am to 11:30am
• Reserve Road north from Gawler Place
• Tamborine-Oxenford Road between Reserve Road and John Muntz causeway
• Charlies Crossing Road on approach to Tamborine-Oxenford Road
RUNAWAY BAY: 9.00am to 10.15am
• Sports Drive
• Morala Avenue from Simbai Street to Lae Drive
SOUTHPORT: 3.30am to 11.00am
• Gold Coast Highway from Ada Bell Way to Nind Street
• Access to Nerang Street from Gold Coast Highway
• Short Street
• Marine Parade between Short Street and Gold Coast Highway
SURFERS PARADISE: 4.30am to 6.00am
• Beach Road at intersection with Remembrance Drive
• Surfers Paradise Boulevard at intersection with Hanlan Street
• The Esplanade from the Soul building to Trickett Street
11.00am to 1.30pm
• The Esplanade from the Soul building to Hanlan Street
• Surfers Paradise Boulevarde at intersection with Elkhorn Avenue
• Cavill Avenue between the Esplanade and Ferny Avenue
BURLEIGH HEADS: 4.00am to 4.40am and 8.00am to 10.00am
• James Street
• Connor Street from Park Ave to Gold Coast Highway
NERANG: 9.00am to 11.00am
• Nerang Street from Ferry Street and at intersections with White and Lavelle Street.
SPRINGBROOK from 10:00am until 10:30am
• Springbrook Road from Forestry Road to Carricks Road
MUDGEERABA: 3.00pm to 5.30pm
• Railway Parade from Swan Lane to Elsie Laver Park
ROBINA: 8.00am to 10:00am
• Robina Town Centre Drive from San Antonio Court to Robina Parkway
If you have information for police, contact Policelink on 131 444 or provide information using the online form 24hrs per day.
You can report information about crime anonymously to Crime Stoppers, a registered charity and community volunteer organisation, by calling 1800 333 000 or via crimestoppersqld.com.au 24hrs per day.