The Bureau of Meteorology has issued a severe weather warning for people in the Adelaide Metropolitan, Mount Lofty Ranges, Lower Eyre Peninsula, Yorke Peninsula, Kangaroo Island and Mid North districts, according to SA Police.
A front with showers and isolated thunderstorms is currently moving across Kangaroo Island and is expected to reach the Adelaide area around 11 am to midday, with a vigorous west to southwesterly airstream to follow.
Localised heavy rain is also possible in parts of Adelaide, the Mount Lofty Ranges and Mid North from about 11 am as the front moves through. This may lead to localised flash flooding.
Locations which may be affected include Adelaide, Port Lincoln, Maitland, Kingscote and Clare.
There is also a road weather alert in force for the Adelaide Hills and the State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Move vehicles under cover or away from trees;
* Secure or put away loose items around your property.
* Don’t drive, ride or walk through flood water;
* Keep clear of creeks and storm drains;
* Stay indoors, away from windows, while conditions are severe.
For more information visit the Bureau website at: https://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDS65503.shtml