There have been three new cases of COVID-19 today, all reported from a medi-hotel. There have been a total of 587 cases notified in South Australia.
Today’s cases include a man in his 30s, female in her 20s, and a child, who all recently returned from overseas and have been in a medi-hotel since their arrival.
After further investigation, one of the overseas acquired cases reported yesterday was found to have been previously diagnosed overseas, therefore this case has been removed from South Australia’s total.
Anyone who arrived in SA who has been in Greater Brisbane between Saturday 2 January and Thursday 7 January
- Must get a test immediately and again in five days.
- You now must isolate after the first test. No isolation required after day 5 test.
- In addition, people must not attend any event with an approved COVID Management Plan or attendance of over 1,000 people (e.g. a major event or festival)
Anyone who arrived in SA on Friday 8 January who has been in Greater Brisbane
- Must get a test immediately and again on day five and day 12.
- You now must isolate after the first test. No isolation required after day 5 or day 12 test.
- In addition, people must not attend any event with an approved COVID Management Plan or attendance of over 1,000 people (e.g. a major event or festival)* Previous advice announced earlier today stated no requirement to isolate while awaiting test results.
Anyone who arrives in SA from 12:01am Saturday 9 January who has been in the Greater Brisbane Area
- Must immediately self-quarantine for 14 days commencing on the last day you were in Queensland, and get tested on day one, five and day 12.
SA Health is in the process of contacting individuals who have been in the specific areas of concern in Queensland and advising them to quarantine for 14 days and get tested.
Everyone should continue to monitor the SA Health website for the latest information
- Total new cases today – 3
- Total number currently in hospital – 0
- Total cases to date – 587
- Recovered cases – 568
- Deaths – 4
- Tests carried out yesterday – 4,273
- Total tests to date – 878,711
- Active cases – 15
- Overseas acquired – 15
- Close contact – 0
- Locally acquired (contact unknown) – 0
- Interstate acquired – 0
- Under investigation (in quarantine) – 0