St.George Bank has announced that its Disaster Relief Package is available to customers suffering hardship from bushfires across South East Queensland.
General Manager for St.George Bank, Ross Miller said the Disaster Relief Package offers immediate practical help to assist customers to manage the impact of the bushfires on their finances.
“Our thoughts are with those impacted by these devastating bushfires and we’d like to thank the amazing firefighters and volunteers who continue to support the community.
“We understand that times like these can be extremely hard – emotionally, physically and financially. By offering support to our customers, we hope to help alleviate any concern they have with their financial commitments so that they can concentrate on more important issues at hand.
“I encourage all affected customers to contact their local St.George Bank Manager as soon as possible to discuss their circumstances and the financial relief available,” Mr Miller said.
The Disaster Relief Package offers the following assistance:
- Affected customers with St.George home loans may apply to defer repayments for up to three months.
- Affected businesses with existing loans can request loan restructuring without incurring the usual bank establishment fees.
- Affected credit card customers may apply to defer repayments to their card for up to 90 days.
- Customers wishing to purchase replacement goods may apply for a personal loan at a discounted interest rate with no establishment fee.
- St.George will waive interest rate adjustments for affected customers wishing to withdraw term deposits.
- Customers experiencing severe hardship may also be offered a halt on all interest accrual on unsecured credit products for a period of up to three months.