The Northern Territory Government has finalised the membership of Team Territory.
Team Territory members are tasked with advising the Territory Economic Reconstruction Commission on its work, ensuring its recommendations can deliver jobs and investment for the Territory. They will also advise the Government on the implementation of the Commission’s recommendations.
Specifically, their tasks are to:
- Provide specialist advice to the Reconstruction Commission
- Provide insights and guidance on the implementation of the rebound strategy
- Ensure the recommendations of the Reconstruction Commission are achievable and deliver real benefits to Territorians
- Provide advice on any necessary changes to recommendations as circumstances change, to ensure the Commission’s report remains a living and working document.
Team Territory members are business, industry, community and cultural leaders from across the Northern Territory.
Members of Team Territory:
- Clare Martin (Co-Chair)
- Dick Guit (Co-Chair)
- Steve Rowe – CEO, SRA Information Technology
- Wendy Morton – Former Executive Director, NT Council of Social Services
- Donna Ah Chee – Chair, Tripartite Forum
- Angela Tomazos – Managing Partner, NAB Business, Agri & Specialised Banking Northern Territory
- Michael Hannon (Snr) – Chairman, Hannon Group
- Adrian Brown – Managing Director, Bilba Group
- Simon Smith – Owner, Girraween Nursery and The Plantsmith
- Erina Early – Secretary, United Workers Union
- Mick Burns – Owner, Porosus P/L
- Sam Strohmayr – Chief Operating Officer, Glencore Zinc Assets Australia
- Lyndon Frearson –Managing Director, Ekistica
- Trisha Morton-Thomas – Filmmaker
- Land Council CEOs:
- Jo Martin-Jard – Central Land Council
- Marion Scrymgour – Northern Land Council
- Mark Hewitt – Anindilyakwa Land Council
- Andrew Tipungwuti – Tiwi Land Council
As stated by Chief Minister Michael Gunner:
“This isn’t about getting the biggest names, it’s about getting the right people. People who know the Territory and who will work for the Territory.
“They have two tasks: first to assist, and then to implement.
“Their job is to make sure this stuff gets done. To make sure this isn’t another report that gathers dust on a shelf.”