Ten local businesses and organisations will get a helping hand to get new projects off the ground in the latest round of Gunnedah Shire Council’s Business Partner Program.
Council has allocated $27,905.87 to 10 businesses and organisations in round three of the 2020/21 Business Partner Program for projects as diverse as a mobile therapy service to a new electrical business start-up.
Chair of the Business Partner Program Advisory Group Cr Ann Luke said the successful program had helped many Gunnedah Shire businesses and organisations to launch new initiatives or expand existing businesses.
“The Business Partner Program is part of Gunnedah Shire Council’s commitment to providing a strong business environment and a growing economy,” Cr Luke said.
“It encourages business expansion and assists new initiatives, and it has been very effective in everything from helping businesses build an online presence, to enhancing our main street.
“In this latest round, it was again great to see a few new businesses apply, alongside existing businesses who are already part of the Gunnedah community. We look forward to seeing these exciting projects come to life.”
This is the third and final round of the significantly boosted budget for the Business Partner Program as a COVID-19 recovery measure as part of the Invigorate Gunnedah Program. This program has proven to make a real difference in assisting the Shire’s business and organisations to remain resilient and keep our economy buzzing.
The successful applicants for round three of the 2020/21 Business Partner Program are:
- Focus on Function Pty Ltd – $10,000 towards development of a new business
- Gunnedah Dog House – $4000 towards expansion
- Dawso Electrical Pty Ltd – $4000 towards a new business start-up
- Gunnedah Health & Fitness Co – $3000 towards an upgrade of property facilities
- Ve’s Nails – $2,500 towards the Looking after Hands and Feet
- View Street Takeaway – $2000 towards employment and training and security upgrade
- Evo’s Tree Lopping – $1000 towards rebranding
- Frankly, My Darling – $750 towards business start-up
- Buggalugs Photography – $655.87 towards vehicle advertising and branding.
Caption: Some of the recipients of the second round of Gunnedah Shire Council’s 2020/21 Business Partner Program.