The Borough of Queenscliffe is again hosting a collection event during the 2019 National Recycling Week so that residents can dispose of unwanted goods. National Recycling Week runs this year from Monday 11 November to Sunday 17 November.
Residents can drop their unwanted items into the Queenscliff Town Hall for recycling between 9:00am and 4:00pm from Monday 11 November to Friday 15 November.
Items accepted include:
- Polystyrene packaging (non-commercial quantities)
- Mobile phones, batteries and chargers
- Fluorescent light tubes and compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs)
- Household batteries – sizes AAA, AA, C, D, 6 volt, 9 volt and button
- Toothbrushes, empty toothpaste tubes and dental floss containers.
These items cannot be recycled through your kerbside recycling bin. Make sure you save your e-waste items (computers, appliances, etc) for our next e-waste recycling event in 2020.
To clarify items that will be accepted please contact Council’s Sustainability Officer on 5258 1377.