The Bureau of Meteorology has a severe thunderstorm warning in place for people in the Adelaide metropolitan, Mount Lofty Ranges, Yorke Peninsula, Flinders, Mid North and parts of Eastern Eyre Peninsula, Riverland, Murraylands, Upper South East, North West Pastoral and North East Pastoral districts, according to SA Police.
The forecast is for heavy rainfall, large hailstones and damaging winds.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging wind gusts in excess of 90 kmph, heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding and large hailstones in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Adelaide, Murray Bridge, Whyalla, Maitland, Clare, Roxby Downs and Leigh Creek.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Secure or put away loose items around your property.
* Move cars under cover or away from trees.
* Keep clear of fallen power lines.
* Don’t drive, ride or walk through flood water.
* Keep clear of creeks and storm drains.
* Stay indoors, away from windows, while storms are nearby.
Please remember to drive to the conditions!
For more information visit the Bureau’s website here: http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDS21033.shtml