The Minister of Transport, the Honourable Omar Alghabra, announced today appointments and reappointments in the transportation sector. The appointees come from diverse backgrounds, with experience in a number of fields, and they are active members in their communities. They bring a wide array of knowledge and expertise to their transportation positions.
St. John’s Port Authority
- Stacey Patricia Howse (Portugal Cove, Newfoundland) appointed as a director for a term of three years.
Transportation Appeal Tribunal of Canada
- Dr. Robert James Cronin (Courtenay, British Columbia) reappointed as a part-time medical member for a term of four years.
- Sébastien Desbiens (Québec, Quebec) appointed as a part-time aviation member for a term of five years.
- Dr. Antoine Gagnon (Ottawa, Ontario) appointed as a part-time medical member for a term of five years.
- Arnold Marvin Olson (Langley, British Columbia) reappointed as a part-time aviation member for a term of three years.
- Dr. Mitchell Saul Pantel (Kirkland, Quebec) appointed as a part-time medical member for a term of five years.
These Canadians were appointed under the Government of Canada’s open, transparent and merit-based Governor in Council appointment or nomination process, striving for gender parity and seeking to reflect Canada’s diversity.