Fresh from presenting her work on the Sydney Opera House, Pat Ansell Dodds, Arrernte Artists in Country 2, is one of five programs scheduled to take place in the Todd Mall from September to December 2018 in Round 3 as a part of the Territory Labor Governments Live Alice Mparntwe Arts program.
The Live Alice Mparntwe Arts program designed to activate our vibrant CBDs has been boosted by the Territory Labor Governments record $103 million Turbocharging Tourism package to attract visitors, create local jobs and put more money in the pockets of Territorians.
Minister for Tourism and Culture, Lauren Moss today announced $131,438 has been allocated to produce and present arts and cultural activities for locals and visitors in the Alice Springs CBD.
Minister Moss said the Alice Springs CBD activation includes: Arrernte culture and history talks and tours, art workshops, brass band and classical music concerts and dance events.
Successful applicants and programs include:
Arrernte Artists in Country 2, Pat Ansell Dodds
- Pat Ansell Dodds and family will bring a new series of painting workshops and cultural / history tours to locals and visitors to Alice Springs.
Wearable Arts in the Todd Mall, Central Craft
- Wearable Arts features amazing fashion made from unlikely materials. A series of free creative arts workshops are designed to support people in design, materials, weaving, embroidery, display and choreography. This will culminate in a Wearable Arts performance in November 2018.
Hour of Power in the Mall, Franca Barraclough
- Weekly dance events especially created for participation, fun and exercise. Bring your craziest moves and hit the Todd Mall.
Brass in the Grass, Alex McClean
- Bringing fun, lively and interactive live performances from the Back Creek Stevedores Union Brass Band to the heart of Alice Springs.
Classics in the Mall series 2, Markus Kuchenbuch
- Building on the success of performances in Live Alice Mparntwe Arts Round 2, Markus Kuchenbuch will lead an ensemble of the best Alice Springs musicians to perform a series of six classical music performances featuring chamber music from Bach, Mozart, Vivaldi, Schubert, Schumann, Delibes, Bizet, Strauss and more.
Red Hot Arts Central Australia will be supporting these artists and events as the Producer of Live Alice Mparntwe Art Round 3.