Launceston CIB have today charged two people as part of the ongoing investigation into the shooting of a 26-year-old Launceston man on Pinkard Street in Kings Meadows last Friday, Tasmania Police say.
- A 29-year-old Swan Bay man will appear in an out-of-hours court this evening charged with:
- Causing Grievous Bodily Harm
- Aggravated Armed Robbery
- Possess Loaded Firearm in a Public Place
- Discharge a Firearm within 250 metres of a Dwelling House
- Possessing a Controlled Drug
- A 23-year-old Kings Meadows woman was bailed to appear before the Launceston Magistrates Court on 6 March charged with:
- Being an Accessory After The Fact to Causing Grievous Bodily Harm.
Acting Detective Inspector John Parker of Launceston CIB stated “the police investigation is ongoing to locate another 32-year-old man involved in the shooting.”
“That man is aware that police wish to speak with him but at this particular time he is avoiding us, despite our extensive efforts to locate him.”
“Whilst this type of crime is rare, Tasmania Police treat any crime involving firearms as extremely serious, and will vigorously pursue those persons who not only commit crime with firearms, but also those who possess firearms unlawfully.”
The post Two People Charged In Connection To Kings Meadows Shooting appeared first on Tasmania Police.