- Virgin Australia continues to expand its domestic network, resuming flights between Adelaide and the Sunshine Coast from 14 December.
- Tickets are on sale from today at virginaustralia.com with Virgin Australia offering one-way Economy sale fares from just $79 until 11.59 AEST Friday 15 October 2021, or unless sold out prior*
- The service will operate four times per week and will allow for up to 5,632 passengers each month to travel between the two centres
- Virgin Australia continues to offer free book flexibility to change or cancel to travel credit with no fees, available for travel up to 28 February 2022**
- Sale fares are available to be booked using travel credits and Future Flight Credits.
Virgin Australia will now connect even more Australians this summer, with the airline today announcing it will resume flights between Adelaide and the Sunshine Coast.
Scheduled to take off on 14 December 2021, the services will operate four times per week and will allow more than 5,632 passengers to travel direct between the two centres.
To celebrate, Virgin Australia is offering passengers one-way Economy sale fares from $79 from today until 11.59pm AEST Friday 15 October 2021*.
All fares can be booked at virginaustralia.com and include Velocity Frequent Flyer Points and up to double Status Credits as part of Velocity’s promotional bonus Status offer that launched last month^. Virgin Australia last operated Adelaide-Sunshine Coast services in April 2021.
Comments from Virgin Australia Group Chief Commercial Officer, Alistair Hartley
“Virgin Australia is really pleased to re-introduce services between Adelaide and the Sunshine Coast. Today’s announcement will mean up to 5,632 additional passengers can head back to the skies this summer,” said Mr Hartley.
“We’re proud to be supporting local communities, including the hundreds of tourism operators, hospitality venues and business owners on the Sunshine Coast and in South Australia who depend on tourism and who have done it tough through the pandemic.
“To celebrate, Virgin Australia is offering passengers one-way fares between Adelaide and the Sunshine Coast from as low as $79*, so more families can now have a swim at Noosa or a surf at Marcoola, or explore Adelaide’s Central Market or catch a game of cricket at the Adelaide oval.
“Passengers can also book with confidence knowing that Virgin Australia is waiving all applicable change fees and allowing unlimited changes for bookings for travel between now and 28 February 2022,” he said.