Design and Consultation Update – March 2021
The Warburton Mountain Bike Destination team has had their sleeves rolled up over summer, continuing our assessments for the project’s Environment Effects Statement and working through the feedback we gathered through our most recent round of community consultation.
We’ve had dozens of environmental planners and specialists ground truthing and documenting local conditions, and received over 1300 comments through recent activities like our online interactive map and community events.
We’d like to thank everyone who took the time to get involved and share their thoughts after a tough year for all in 2020.
In response to the most recent consultation feedback and our design and specialist studies work, we’re making the following updates to the project:
- Further consideration of traffic and parking needs and potential changes
- Improvements of the project at Wesburn Park to prioritise safety and reduce traffic pressures
- Further trails near those already proposed following a review of mapping
- Inclusion of two options for the iconic Drop AK trail in EES assessments and exhibition of the EES.
Have your say on the latest updates – Engagement dates
We’re running a further phase of consultation from Monday 15 March to Sunday 4 April and invite you to have your say:
- Website and online interactive map showing the updated design: rideyarraranges.com.au
- Community sessions at Warburton Waterwheel, Wednesday 24 March 4pm to 7pm and Warburton Recreation Reserve, Saturday 27 March 10am to 1pm
- Online webinar update Friday 26 March 5:30pm to 6:30pm