Westpac has rolled-out its emergency assistance package for households and businesses in flood-affected areas in New South Wales.
Chris de Bruin, Westpac Chief Executive Consumer & Business Banking, said the package will provide a range of financial support measures for customers.
“The record-breaking rain in New South Wales has had a devastating impact on households, businesses and communities, and we want our customers in flood-affected areas to know we are here to help them at this time,” Mr de Bruin said.
“We have activated our emergency assistance package to provide customers access to urgent financial support, including a range of measures like home loan deferrals and emergency credit card relief.
“Our customer assistance teams are ready to talk to customers who need to access this support, and we have added extra claims consultants and mobilised local builders to help our insurance customers,” he said.
Westpac’s emergency assistance package includes a range of options* for both business and retail customers, such as:
- Home loan customers may apply to defer repayments for up to three months.
- Credit card customers can apply to defer repayments for up to 90 days.
- Customers wishing to purchase replacement goods may apply for a personal loan at a discounted interest rate with no establishment fee.
- Waived interest rate adjustments for customers wishing to withdraw term deposits.
- Business customers may request loan restructuring with no fees incurred.
Customers who need assistance can contact Westpac Assist on 1800 067 497.