The latest economic forecast for 2022 indicates there will be around 700 fewer jobs than previously predicted as a result of the pandemic and COVID 19’s impact on the Byron Shire is greater than average for regional NSW.
Byron Shire Council is hosting a free presentation for businesses who are interested in hearing more about the impact of COVID-19 as well as what the forecasts are into next year.
Information covered in the presentation includes:
- Latest economic activity in the Northern Rivers
- Status of jobs and business activity in the Byron Shire
- Impact of changes in tourism and people movement
- Estimates on how key industries are likely to perform during the COVID recovery period
- How to use the new Economic Outlook tool on Council’s website.
The information session will be held on 30 March 2021 from 3pm – 4:30pm.
To register for the FREE zoom session go to Council’s website.