The second weekend of the 2021 Canberra and Region Heritage Festival brings a full program of diverse and unique events for all ages.
The second weekend brings with it the added celebration of World Heritage Day on Sunday 18 April. Don’t miss out on the variety of events available this weekend including Aboriginal and art exhibitions, listening to Canberra’s war stories and open days including Harvest Day Out and Googong Heritage Day.
If you are looking for something to do this weekend, there are plenty of events including:
Saturday 17 April
- Canberra Treasure Hunt – In teams, solve riddles and be guided on an adventure around Canberra learning about history, culture and environment.
- Canberra Fire Museum – See vehicles from every decade of the ACT’s 108 years of firefighting history as well as uniforms and equipment.
- Canberra Railway Museum Open Day – Walk through vintage sleeping cars and enter the footplate of Locomotive 1210 that pulled the first train into Canberra.
Sunday 18 April
- Reimagine the Age of Steam – Enjoy live model engine displays of stationary steam engines on the banks of the picturesque Wollondilly River offering a place to relax and have a picnic or BBQ.
- Googong Heritage Day – Enjoy stepping back in time and learn about the history of the region while experiencing hands on displays and demonstrations.
- Picnic at Rock Valley – bring a picnic and reimagine rural life through precinct yours, old-style games, music, poetry and a working model of a eucalypt distillery.
For many events, bookings are essential so that events can be delivered in a COVID-safe way.To view the full program of events and to make a booking, visit the Heritage Festival website.