The Office of the First Lady is pleased to announce that the White House Visitors Office will resume public tours on Saturday, September 12, 2020.
In order to ensure the safety and health of all visitors, there have been new policies implemented that align with the guidance issued by Federal, State, and local officials. Guests attending a White House tour should expect the following precautions to be taken during their visit:
Limited Hours and Guests:
- Tours will be hosted two days a week instead of five, on Friday and Saturday, from 8:00AM to 11:00AM.
- Number of guests is limited to 18% of normal capacity.
Added Safety Precautions:
- All guests (ages 2 years and over) are required to wear a face covering and practice social distancing during their visit to the White House complex.
- Social distancing dots will be placed on the ground for guests during the check-in process.
- National Park Service, U.S. Secret Service Officers, and Visitors Office staff working the tour route will wear face coverings, gloves, and encourage social distancing when engaging with guests on complex.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in multiple locations.