The Royal Commission into National Natural Disaster Arrangements will resume hearings on Monday, 22 June 2020.
Next week’s hearings will examine local government – in particular, the responsibilities of local government, and actions taken by local governments in relation to preparation for, response to, and recovery from natural disasters.
The Commission will also inquire into coordination arrangements at local and regional level.
On Monday, the Commission expects to hear evidence from:
- Carl Peterson, Moreton Bay Regional Council
- Warren Sharpe OAM, Eurobodalla Shire Council
- Angela Jones, Richmond Valley Council
- Stuart McConnell, East Gippsland Shire Council
- Greg Georgopolous, Kangaroo Island Council
- John Fernandez, Kangaroo Island Council
Hearings will be live streamed via the Commission’s website from 10:00am.