The Royal Commission into National Natural Disaster Arrangements will continue to examine the role of local government on Tuesday, 23 June 2020.
The Commission will inquire into the response during a natural disaster – including the implementation of disaster plans, coordination between councils and other agencies, and issues relating to evacuation and relief centres.
The Commission expects to hear evidence from:
- John McArthur, Adelaide Hills Council (SA)
- Cathy Buck, Sunshine Coast Council (Qld)
- Heath Stenton, City of Swan (WA)
- Juliana Phelps, Towong Shire Council (Vic)
- Matthew Hyde, Snowy Valleys Council (NSW)
- Peter Bascomb, Snowy Monaro Regional Council (NSW)
- Robert Fish, Kempsey Shire Council (NSW)
- Des Schroder, Clarence Valley Council (NSW)
Hearings will be live streamed via the Commission’s website from 10:00am.