During August 2021, Dungog Shire Council undertook significant road and infrastructure construction and maintenance works across the shire. These include:
Road and Bridge Construction
- Black Rock Road: Pavement and sealing works undertaken. This project was funded by council’s Special Rate Variation (SRV).
- Safety barrier upgrade works undertaken at Stroud Hill Road and concrete works carried out at Allyn River Road and Bingleburra Road intersection. These works are 2 out of 3 sites funded by $1.79M from the NSW Government’s Road Safety program to help create safer roads in the shire.
- Paterson River Road: Drainage works undertaken. These works are funded by council’s Special Rate Variation (SRV).
- Salisbury Road: Drainage and earthworks undertaken. These works are funded by council’s Special Rate Variation (SRV).
- Archinals Bridge: Side track pre-construction works undertaken in preparation for the Archinals Bridge replacement, the first of 23 bridge replacements scheduled across the shire under the NSW Government’s Fixing Country Bridges program.
Building and Other Construction Works
- Clarence Town Sporting Facility: Carpark and footpath works on this $2M sporting and recreational asset are nearing completion. This project is funded by the NSW Government’s Stronger Country Communities Fund (SCCF).
- Coronation Park: This $108,000 playground upgrade including the installation of new play equipment, fencing, paths and shade sails, is continuing. These works are largely funded by the Australian Government’s Local Road and Community Infrastructure (LRCI) Program.
Sealed and unsealed road maintenance including patching, grading, gravel sheeting and drainage works were also undertaken on roads across the shire.
These works are in addition to the regular maintenance, repair, slashing and mowing carried out across all council facilities.