During May, council undertook significant road and infrastructure construction and maintenance works across the shire. These include:
Road and Bridge Construction
- Black Rock Road (SRV): Drainage and earthworks undertaken.
- RR7778 Gresford Road (REPAIR): Pavement and sealing works undertaken.
- MR128 Durham Road, Gresford: Pavement and sealing works undertaken.
- Tillegra Bridge: Pavement and sealing works undertaken.
Building and Other Construction Works
- Bennett Park: Kiosk building construction works ongoing.
- Clarence Town Sporting Facility: Building construction works ongoing.
- Coronation Park: Playground upgrade works commenced.
- Williams River Holiday Park: Amenities building construction works ongoing.
Sealed Road Maintenance
- Heavy Patch: RR7778
- Tar Patching: Salisbury Road, Paterson River Road, Chichester Road, Dungog Urban Streets, MR101, Wallarobba-Brookfield Road, Chichester Dam Road and Fords Road.
- Roadside Slashing: Flat Tops Road, Alison Road, Pine Brush Road, Glen William Road, Glen Martin Road, MR301, Black Camp Creek Road.
Maintenance grading, gravel sheeting and drainage works were also undertaken on unsealed roads across the shire.
All works listed are in addition to the regular maintenance, repair, slashing and mowing works carried out across all council facilities.