Do you love to knit? Would you knit in public?
If the answer to these questions is ‘yes’, then East Gippsland Shire Council’s libraries are the place to celebrate. World Wide Knit in Public Day is Saturday, June 8, however our libraries are starting early with events planned for Friday, June 7.
Pop in for a cuppa and biscuits, enjoy a chat and meet new friends while knitting and enjoying this community event. No bookings required. Join in the fun and friendship early by taking part on Friday at:
- Lakes Entrance Customer Service Centre, 10am – 2 pm
- Mallacoota Customer Service Centre, 2pm – 5pm
- Omeo Customer Service Centre, 8.30am – 5pm
- Orbost Customer Service Centre, 8.30am – 5pm
- Paynesville Customer Service Centre, 10 am – 5pm
- Bairnsdale Library, 9.30am – 6pm (also Saturday, June 8, 10am – 12pm)
Council’s Library Programs Team Leader Kylie Pinkerton said knitting is a calming activity and provides feelings of happiness especially in a public setting like our libraries.
“Knitting in public provides a social and community benefit, World Wide Knit in Public Day is the largest event of its kind and began in 2005,” she said.
East Gippsland Wool and Craft Group will be at the Bairnsdale Library on Saturday morning, June 8, to provide tips and advice for new knitters.