• Round 1: Saturday 21 March – Adelaide Crows vs Sydney Swans
• Round 2: Saturday 28 March – Adelaide Crows vs Port Adelaide
• Round 3: Saturday 04 April – Adelaide Crows vs Brisbane Lions
• Round 4: Friday 10 April – Port Adelaide vs West Coast Eagles
• Round 5: Thursday 16 April – Adelaide Crows vs Essendon
• Round 6: Saturday 25 April – Port Adelaide vs Western Bulldogs
• Round 7: Saturday 02 May – Port Adelaide vs Carlton
• Round 8: Saturday 09 May – Adelaide Crows vs Fremantle Dockers
• Round 9: Saturday 16 May – Port Adelaide vs Brisbane Lions
• Round 10: Saturday 23 May – Adelaide Crows vs Carlton
• Round 12: Friday 05 June – Adelaide Crows vs Western Bulldogs
• Round 13: Sunday 14 June – Adelaide Crows vs Port Adelaide
• Round 14: Saturday 20 June – Port Adelaide vs Geelong Cats
• Round 15: Sunday 28 June – Port Adelaide vs Fremantle Dockers
• Round 16: Saturday 04 July – Adelaide Crows vs St Kilda
• Round 17: Sunday 12 July – Port Adelaide vs Gold Coast Suns
• Round 18: Sunday 19 July – Adelaide Crows vs Melbourne
• Round 19: Friday 24 July – Port Adelaide vs Hawthorn
• Round 20: Friday 31 July – Adelaide Crows vs Richmond
• Round 21: Sunday 9 August – Port Adelaide vs Essendon
• Round 22: Sunday 16 August – Adelaide Crows vs North Melbourne
• Round 23: Friday 23 August – Port Adelaide vs GWS Giants
Book your flights, accommodation and tickets with AFL Travel.
Top 5 reasons to visit for the match
With one of the world’s best sports stadiums, a city centre overflowing with incredible restaurants and bars and jaw-dropping regions within a short drive of the CBD, there are countless reasons to come to South Australia to cheer on your team this AFL season.
1. The Adelaide Oval atmosphere
You don’t have to be a die hard sports-lover to have a great time at the AFL. Playing host to international sports matches, musical acts and arena spectaculars, the Adelaide Oval‘s electric atmosphere and world-leading facilities (including the jaw-dropping Commonwealth Bank RoofClimb and luxurious Hill of Grace restaurant) are more than enough reason to don your team’s scarf and cheer them on.
2. Sip and savour Adelaide’s café and bar scene
Whether you’re quenching your pre-game thirst or winding down after the action, there’s so much to do in Adelaide at night. You’ll find a smorgasbord of world-renowned restaurants only a minutes’ walk from Adelaide Oval over the Torrens River into the CDB. Within the Adelaide Casino precinct dine at the exotic Madame Hanoi , savour the flavours at Sean’s Kitchen or pull up a seat at Australia’s official best restaurant, Orana.
Quench your thirst at the nearby Queens Head or Cathedral Hotel or take-in stunning city views from the glamorous heights of 2KW. Enjoy the small bar scene or discover quirky hidden bars along the inner-city laneways of Peel St, Leigh St and Gilbert Place. May we suggest Alfreds, Clever Little Tailor, Pink Moon Saloon, Bread & Bone or Hains & Co.
3. BBQ Buoys and Handlebar
Chill and Grill on the River Torrens with BBQ Buoys – a round boat with seating around the edge and a barbecue grill and table top in the centre! Bring your own BBQ food and nibbles; boats come with BBQ, bluetooth speakers, esky and ice (if drinks ordered), glasses, plates and cutlery.
HandleBar offers 2 hour tours of the Adelaide CBD on a 16 passenger pedalling pub! Enjoy SA beer, cider, and wine (from $5) on-board while pedalling your bar through town. The mobile pub makes 2-3 stops at local pubs & parks to rest and refuel.
4. Adelaide Oval RoofClimb
Discover where they keep the best seats in the house. After building one of the top sports stadiums in the country, it seems only natural to add even more excitement with the Commonwealth Bank RoofClimb Adelaide Oval – where punters can clamber over the billowing rooftops of the spectacular grandstands. Equally spectacular – the views, be it during the day or at twilight.
5. Fill your shopping bags
Adelaide is the perfect place to fill your shopping bags. Treat yourself to a pre-game splurge at Rundle Mall – over 700 retailers in one convenient pedestrian-friendly strip, only a few minutes’ walk from Adelaide Oval. Discover boutiques selling local designs and higher-end clothing stores on Rundle Street.
Top 5 reasons to linger longer
With so much to see and do on Adelaide’s doorstep, there are countless reasons to linger longer in South Australia before or after the AFL match!
1. Wine with your Footy
Adelaide has been recognised as one of the Great Wine Capitals of the World – a network of ten major global cities that share a common feature: their internationally renowned wine regions. With 200 stunning cellar doors only a short drive away from the CBD and 18 world-renowned wine regions nearby, it’s no surprise why.
2. Brewery Tours
Discover brewers and cider makers with the perfect drop to quench your thirst. Try freshly made ales, lagers and stouts from any of the 20 or so microbreweries operating across the state. Take a trip to the Adelaide Hills and drop into the Hahndorf Inn at Hahndorf or Lobethal Bierhaus.
Get fired up and visit the Prancing Pony Brewery in Mount Barker, which is Australia’s only fire brewery, where beer is brewed on an open flame.
3. Swim with Dolphins
Glenelg’s Temptation Sailing offers private cruises and dolphin swimming expeditions along South Australia’s stunning coastline, just a 30 minute tram ride away from the city. Their catamaran, Temptation, accommodates up to 50 people, complete with bar, undercover seating area and sound system. Jump in and swim with the dolphins or stay dry and watch in luxury. Post-swim, retire to the luxurious Stamford Grand hotel with stunning ocean views.
4. Cuddle a Koala
Ever wished you could see Australia’s cute, cuddly, and not so cuddly animals in one convenient location? Discover must-see native species at the Adelaide Hills’ Cleland Wildlife Park. At Cleland you can see over 130 species with no boundaries! Get up-close to kangaroos and cuddle less than an hour’s drive away from Adelaide.
5. Spend a Night or Weekend
Here for a few days? Boasting an impressive range of hotels from high-end luxury to pocket-friendly digs, including the five-star Mayfair, boutique Playford, glamorous InterContinental and stylish Adabco Boutique Hotel, there’s never been a better time to spend the night in Adelaide.