Hawkesbury City Council’s 2019/2020 Operational Plan was adopted by Council at its meeting on Wednesday, 12 June 2019. It is available on Council’s website or in hard copy at Council’s Administration Building at 366 George Street, Windsor.
The 2019/2020 Operational Plan outlines the proposed projects, programs and activities for the 2019/2020 financial year. It also includes information about rates, fees and charges, estimated income and expenditure and the capital works program for 2019/2020.
The Mayor of Hawkesbury, Councillor Barry Calvert said that comments from community members were an important consideration for developing the Operational Plan.
“Every year, Council’s Draft 2019/2020 Operational Plan is put on public exhibition as part of the community consultation process, and we appreciate all community input and feedback,” Councillor Calvert said.
“This year, Council introduced a number of initiatives to attract additional feedback in relation to the Draft Operational Plan, so it was pleasing to see a significant increase in the number of people who made submissions.
“Building on our Community Strategic Plan, the 2019/2020 Operational Plan includes Council’s budget and outlines the proposed projects and programs to be undertaken,” he said.
“The adopted Operational Plan is also in accordance with Council’s ‘Fit For The Future’ commitments endorsed by the State Government on 23 August 2017.”
Some highlights from the Plan include:
- Building Improvements – $1.9M
- Parks, Recreation Facilities and Amenities Improvements – $2.2M
- Road Rehabilitation and Upgrades – $6.9M
- Stormwater Drainage Improvement Program – $1.6M
- Enhanced Pedestrian Safety and Accessibility – $1.0M
- Road Surface Renewals – $2.2M
- Sealing of Gravel Roads – $1.8M
- Works and Programs enabled by the Special Rate Variation include:
- Community Buildings – Capitals Works – $1.5M
- Public Domain and Parklands – Capital Works – $0.9M
- Business Improvement $0.3M
- Community Events and Marketing – $0.3M
- Transport and Infrastructure Planning – $0.1M.
“We are now working closely with our staff to ensure the successful implementation of the 2019/2020 Operational Plan,” the Mayor added.
“Later this year, we will also report back to our community via the Annual Report on what has been achieved during the 2018/2019 financial year.
“Our continued commitment to the Hawkesbury community is to deliver on the actions contained within our Operational Plan, and to keep you informed of this progress,” he said.
“We look forward to delivering these actions for the Hawkesbury community.”
If you have any enquiries regarding the 2019/2020 Operational Plan, please contact Council’s friendly Customer Service team on (02) 4560 4444.