At Council’s June meeting the Draft 2021 Road Management Plan was adopted to be released for community consultation.
Strathbogie Shire Council Mayor, Cr Chris Raeburn, said this was an important document for our community as it outlines the way Council maintains its extensive road network.
“We know the upkeep of our roads is essential to our community,” Cr Raeburn said.
“With about 748km of sealed roads and more than 1357km of unsealed roads – it’s a tough job.”
This Draft Road Management Plan:
- Describes road assets within road reserves for which Council is responsible.
- Outlines areas within Council’s responsibility including public roads, bridges and major culverts, footpaths, on-street and off-street car parks.
- Sets out inspection intervals and response times for maintenance
- Considers the staff inspect, maintain and repair roads and to show a duty of care for ratepayers, while providing sustainable, safe and economic maintenance.
- Sets out how Council works with other authorities and implements processes and systems to ensure compliance and standards are met.
- Forms an integral part of Council’s Asset Management Strategy.
- Visiting Council’s online engagement platform www.share.strathbogie.vic.gov.au. Here you can read the plan, find out some more information and have your say.
- Writing to Council at Draft Road Management Plan, Chief Executive Officer, Strathbogie Shire Council, PO Box 177 Euroa 3666, or