Head along to the Alice Springs Telegraph StationOpen Day and Markets this Saturday 25 May from 10am to 1pm.
Department of Tourism, Sport and Culture SeniorRanger Shirley Butler said the event aims to bring the community together tocelebrate the history of the Telegraph Station.
Join us for a great family fun outing withsomething for everyone – explore the historic Telegraph buildings, join in oldfashioned games and demonstrations including blacksmithing and damper making,and enjoy live music from Sing Australia.
Browse the fabulous collection of local crafts andhomewares and enjoy great food from various cuisines and cultures.
Visitors can send telegrams by Morse code tofamily and friends with the Morsecodian Fraternity members on site at the oldPost Office all for a gold coin donation.
Why not make a day of the event and cycle to the TelegraphStation. Parking is available at Arunga Park Speedway with a shuttle bus to theTelegraph Station – voluntary donation to Rotary.
Market stalls will include:
- Mr Nippys Ice-cream
- Albys Dinner: burgers, curly fries, snacks
- Sab-E-Lee: soup, laksa, thai food, finger food
- Taco Mucho: Tacos, fries and nachos
- Glitter Crystal: Fairy Floss, Face painting and balloons
- Pinoy Corner: Asian cuisine
- Our Lady of the Sacred Heart Catholic College (OLSH); Cake,Slices and Biscuits
- Dorita Empanadas; Argentinean style pastries
- Country Womens Association; BBQ (sausages) and preserves
- Thommoss Homemade Goods: donuts and brownies
- Trail Station; Coffee and a variety of food
- Land for Wildlife
- Northern Territory Ranger Association; Information and Drinks
- Alice Springs Library
- Alice Springs Australian Plant Society
- Rough Riders, mountain biking
Craft and Homewares:
- Sugar and Spice; Baby Clothes and accessories
- Phoenix Trading; handmade greeting cards, stationery andwrapping paper
- Lime Books; Second hand books
- Yandiwa: find wooden homeware, jewellery, knives
- Paua Shell Jewellery
- Global Bazaar: Homewares
- Sing Australia; Singing Australian Songs
- Morsecodian Fraternity old Post Office; Visit volunteers andsend a telegram via morsecode to family and friends
- Lutheran Church display
- Old Fashioned Childrens Games with Park Rangers
- Rexs Reptile House
- Douglas Draeger 1920s Miner
- Damper demonstration Telegraph Station barracks kitchen
- Arltunga gold mining display