- Virgin Australia opens its seventh and final domestic Lounge in Canberra today.
- The Lounge opening comes as customer demand continues to strengthen with Virgin Australia expecting to be at 80% of pre-COVID-19 capacity by July 2021.
- Since November, Virgin Australia has continued to reopen its lounge network in major airports around Australia.
- From today this now includes:
- Gold Coast
- Virgin Australia continues to roll-out its new and fresh Lounge menu nationally, with the Canberra Lounge to offer key dishes, including a selection of sandwiches, salads, wraps and healthy snacks, prepared on site, and served from a hosted bar.
- Lounges are an important part of the Virgin Australia product for frequent flyers and the airline opened its new look Lounge of the future in Adelaide last month. Read more.
The following statement can be attributed to a Virgin Australia Group spokesperson:
We’re pleased to confirm that from today all Virgin Australia domestic lounges will be open nationally, including in Canberra.
As travel demand continues to strengthen, and state borders remain open, we’re excited to offer a fantastic network of domestic lounges for our frequent flyers to access at major airports around Australia.
Guests of our Canberra Lounge will be able to enjoy our new menu which is gradually rolling-out across the network and includes a selection of sandwiches, salads, wraps and healthy snacks, freshly prepared on site.
Virgin Australia is committed to offering its frequent flyers lounges and looks forward to welcoming guests as they return to leisure and corporate travel.