Located on the eastern edge of Adelaide’s CBD, Australia’s only Weber Grill Academy offers visitors to South Australia, the chance to partake in this fantastic new cooking and dining experience whether they’re keen to upskill their outdoor cooking skills whilst at home or the road in a caravan or camping. Adding to the culinary feast for the senses, a visual delight also awaits thanks to the venue’s all-weather rooftop location looking westward toward the city across Victoria Park – a truly magnificent sunset viewing opportunity for evening classes.
Some 42 years after Adelaide’s Ross McDonald revolutionised barbecuing in Australia by bringing us the now iconic Weber Kettle and introducing us to ‘lid down’ cooking, Weber Australia is excited to announce the Australian debut of the world-famous Grill Academy with the opening of its first venue in the country in Adelaide.
Weber Grill Academy offers visitors to Adelaide the opportunity to participate in any of its specially designed courses that take barbecuing to the next level. Hosted by a Weber Grill Specialist and famed for their fun, interactive and educational opportunities, a Weber Grill Academy experience will see you greeted on arrival by your Grill Specialist who will guide you and your fellow guests through preparation, tips and tricks and the cooking process before your event concludes with a sumptuous dining experience with your fellow guests – accompanied of course with some of South Australia’s finest wine and craft beer.
The classes are suitable to everyone with a desire to develop their current level of barbecuing prowess -whether they’ve never ventured further than a steak or chop, or can already turn their hand to curries, vegetables, desserts and the perfect roast. The Weber Grill Academy barbecue experiences will always offer up new skill opportunities – and a number of surprises for participants – how about Weber baked pavlova!
Whilst a global entity, every Grill Academy is designed to suit local food culture, climate, and lifestyle. The $1.5m Adelaide development is truly stunning with a magnificent modern fit-out including full bar facilities, a 120m² alfresco dining and cooking area which provides for year-round opportunities and the full range of Weber barbecues ready for action – from the Original Kettle, to the popular Weber Q’s, right to the top of the range Summit Series, and Weber’s newly released SmokeFire.
In keeping with embracing and supporting all things local, South Australia proudly boasts some of the world’s best fresh food produce. The Weber Grill Academy embraces this and features the finest meat, seafood and vegetables originating from regions across the state. Additionally, the wines and craft beers to be enjoyed whilst dining on the food you’ve prepared is also among the best in the world -from South Australia of course!
There are currently more than 100 Grill Academies in almost 70 countries. Australia’s entry into this unique offering from the world’s most famous barbecue brand has been a long time in the planning but the result is worth the wait.
Quote from Michael McDonald, Managing Director Weber Australia and NZ
“We’ve had the vision to bring the Weber Grill Academy to Australia for some time – we just needed the perfect site and were fortunate enough to find it at 142 Fullarton Road in a space that was conveniently able to also accommodate our national head office. The Grill Academy is the perfect extension to our brand – it enables the guest to enjoy an entirely new level of interactivity with Weber. For current and hopefully future owners, it is the perfect accompaniment to our highly prioritised customer service program in its ability to enable us to engage, build loyalty and offer a great experience with the company.
Quote from Jakki Govan, Marketing & Events Weber Grill Academy
“We launched locally in November 2020 to locals and have now seen 800 Adelaideans attend a Barbecue Experience at The Weber Grill Academy, our Grill Specialists Adam Mizzi and Jacinda Gregg have already won the hearts of the locals including our international student population. Sharing stories, food and wine is what travel is all about and learning about the produce and how to prepare it with the locals is a great addition to the SA Itinerary. We look forward to welcoming visitors to SA from the rest of the country and eventually overseas to this very Australian and currently South Australian only experience.”
WEBER GRILL ACADEMY OVERVIEW
· Located on the top level of 142 Fullarton Road, Rose Park overlooking Victoria Park and East Adelaide Parklands just 5 minutes from the CBD accommodation and 30 minutes from Adelaide Airport.
· Weber Grill Academy manager is Adam Mizzi who is an experienced hospitality provider having worked in Galleys at Sea and has achieved over 1,000 barbecue hours on a variety of Weber Barbecues. Adam was a MasterChef Australia contestant in 2016, and has previously launched successful businesses in Adelaide
· The venue may be booked for private groups or group series.
· Capacity for private functions and classes is based on COVID restrictions in place at time of hosting.
· The Weber beverage offering is exclusively South Australian for barbecue experiences however an enviable worldwide cellar is available for private event catering
· Full audio-visual facilities are available indoor and outdoor
· The outdoor deck is weatherproof and heated in winter
· This experience may be booked via travel agents
· You do not have to own a Weber BBQ to enjoy the Weber Grill Academy
· Minimum age for attendance is 18 (unless otherwise specified as the venue is fully licenced)