Armed Crime Squad detectives arrested four teenagers late yesterday as part of an investigation into several armed robberies, car-jacking’s, thefts and assaults over the last couple of weeks.
The quartet, a 15 and 16-year-old boy, and a 16 and 17-year-old girl, were arrested in Preston during the evening of Thursday 5 December.
Their arrests follow an investigation into a number of incidents including but not limited to:
• An armed robbery at a service station in Caroline Springs on 24 November,
• Attempted armed robbery at a service station in Reservoir on 25 November,
• An armed robbery at a Fawkner post office on 25 November,
• An armed robbery at a service station in Flemington on 5 December,
• The theft of two motor cars in November, and
• Assault related offences during the commission of some of the offences.
Two warrants executed in Preston uncovered cigarettes, believed stolen during the alleged Flemington armed robbery and other items of interest.
Detectives still have enquiries to make in relation to further armed robberies, car-jackings, petrol drive offs, burglaries and failing to stop for police incidents throughout the northwest and southern suburbs of Melbourne during October and November.
The 16-year-old girl has been released pending further enquiries.
The remaining trio will appear at a Children’s Court.
They have been charged with a range of offences including armed robbery, assault, theft of motor vehicle, possess drug of dependence and driving offences.