Dandenong Police are investigating an explosion in Noble Park in October this year, Victoria Police say.
Emergency services were called to a laneway at the rear of a bank in Douglas Street just after 9.30pm on 2 October where propane gas bottles had been set alight causing an explosion.
It is believed five youths attended at a local supermarket just prior to the incident where they stole propane gas cylinders and toilet paper.
The unknown offenders walked along Frank Street and into the laneway where they placed the cylinders and toilet paper into wooden pallets and set them alight.
A series of explosions started a fire close to nearby buildings.
Several pallets were destroyed however no one was injured.
Investigators have released images of four youths who may be able to assist with their enquiries and CCTV of the explosion.
Anyone with any information is urged to contact Crime Stoppers.