Flemington police are appealing for public assistance to identify a man after a theft from a vehicle in Ascot Vale last month.
Police have been told credit cards were stolen from the vehicle parked outside an address on The Parade early Thursday 19 March.
The stolen credit cards were then used to purchase items at the below stores:
– A convenience store on Flemington Road, Flemington at 3.49am
– A service station on Mt Alexander Road, Flemington at 4am
– A convenience store on Mt Alexander Road in Moonee Ponds at 4.39am
– A service station on Epsom Road, Ascot Vale at 5.33am
– A service station on Epsom Road, Ascot Vale at 5.50am
– A fast food outlet on Racecourse Road, Flemington at 6.30am
– A supermarket at the corner of Vaughan Terrace and Canning Street, North Melbourne at 8.40am
Investigators have released images of a man they believe may be able to assist with their enquiries.
The offender is perceived to be Caucasian in appearance, aged in his 50s, about 180cm tall with a thin build.
He was wearing a black beanie, light blue t-shirt, black pants and white runners.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or submit a confidential report online at www.crimestoppervic.com.au