Warning level: ADVICE
Warning area: Cooloola Cove, Tin Can Bay, Rainbow Beach and Wallu
Smoke is currently affecting Cooloola Cove, Tin Can Bay, Rainbow Beach and Wallu. This is a hazard reduction burn.
What you should do:
– Follow health guidance and monitor live air quality information by clicking the smoke information link below.
– Avoid driving through smoke where possible and be aware of firefighters working in the area.
– Stay indoors, and close windows and doors.
– Keep respiratory medication close by.
– Reduced air quality may cause health impacts for some people.
– Smoke may reduce visibility and affect driving conditions.
– Further updates will be provided if required.
– QFES Regions: 4 North Coast Region
– Councils: Gympie Regional Council, Fraser Coast Regional Council
– Suburbs: Toolara Forest (Fraser Coast Regional Council) (4570), Wallu (4580), Cooloola (4580), Cooloola Cove (4580), Inskip (4581), Rainbow Beach (4581), Tin Can Bay (Fraser Coast Regional Council) (4580), Tin Can Bay (Gympie Regional Council) (4580), Toolara Forest (Gympie Regional Council) (4570)