Bayside’s Local Law covers a wide range of topics so Council can respond to local issues and protect everyone’s enjoyment of public spaces, and health and safety.
We’ve listened to community feedback and legal advice to draft a proposed new Local Law, which is open for consultation until 5pm, 5 March 2021.
Major changes in the proposed Local Law include:
- A smoke-free foreshore and alcohol-free zone at Red Bluff Cliffs
- Preventing long-term parking of boats, trailers and caravans on Council Roads
- Stronger amenity protection requirements for building sites
- Permits to fly drones over Council land
- Preventing abandoned shopping trolleys
- Permits for share bike and/or e-scooter schemes
- Permits for advertising signs and mobile billboards
- Guidelines for planting on nature strips