Heritage New South Wales’ Blue Plaques program is aimed at recognising key personalities, events and places in NSW.
With a focus on stories that connect communities with places and events, examples might include but are not limited to:
- Aboriginal people, heritage, culture
- Early European settlement
- Migrant heritage
- Social movements and change
- Wartime history
- Industrial advancements
- Arts and culture
- Historic events that have shaped the story of your area and NSW
- Stories of ordinary people who have done extraordinary things (your local heroes)
The Wentworth Shire community is encouraged to submit nominations for the Blue Plaques program.