Following the start of works in late March, the contractor has encountered very poor ground conditions which required significant improvement in order to construct the new pavement. Additionally, a number of gas services have required lowering to enable to the new pavement to be constructed.
Works between Sutton Street and Alford Street have been completed, but the seal is deteriorating due to wet weather. The contractor is aware and will be maintaining this section until the final layer of asphalt is placed in October/November.
Works between Alford and Clifford Street will begin in September coinciding with school holidays to minimise impact on road users.
Council apologises for any inconvenience caused by the works and thanks the community for their patience.
Scope of works
- Construction of new and wider road pavement.
- Fresh new asphalt and line marking.
- Improved surface and underground drainage.
- Construction of new kerb and channel.
- Smoother and safer road surface.
- Improved drainage.
- Better access to adjoining properties.
- Improved road-side parking.
- Improved ongoing service and maintenance of the road post-reconstruction.