This year’s Corangamite Shire Council Retail Area Façade Improvement Program is expected to help its one hundredth business.
More than 90 businesses have shared in excess of $600,000 over the past four years.
Council Manager Growth and Engagement Rory Neeson said the funding was spent on improvements to business façades, mostly done by local tradespeople.
“The success of the program has encourage Council to allocate $50,000 in the 2019-2020 Budget so more businesses can apply.
“The aim is to have businesses throughout the Shire make their more shops inviting to customers and increase the appeal of the commercial areas in our towns.”
Businesses from all towns across the Shire are eligible to apply for dollar for dollar amounts up to $3,000.
Mr Neeson encouraged business operators to speak with the Growth and Engagement Team before submitting their application.
“We’re here to make sure applicants understand the program guidelines and what is needed in a successful application,” he said.
Applications open Monday 1 July and close Friday 9 August
Examples of works that can be completed through the program include:
- painting of the façade
- cleaning the existing façade
- removal of redundant signage, air conditioning units and hoardings
- installation of new business signage
- installation of interior store lighting visible from the street
- minor repair, maintenance or reinstatement of missing elements
- minor repairs to existing facade tile or stone accents
- minor repairs to structural facade elements and awnings
- ·new, repairs or replacements of verandas.