The Hills Shire Council is seeking experts in the fields of landslides, soil and rock mechanics, slope stability, stabilisation and residential development who may be interested in joining Council’s Independent Expert Geotechnical Review Panel.
The Panel consists of experts in the field, from which 1-3 are selected as required to peer review applications for development on geotechnically sensitive land. Applications may range in size from a single dwelling to major subdivision and development. The Panel is typically engaged by applicants with administrative support provided by Council Officers.
Submissions should provide evidence of the following:
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Minimum of 10 years experience;
- Demonstration of expertise in landslides and slope stabilisation, in addition to geotechnical engineering or engineering geology;
- Willingness to liaise and prepare joint reports with other members of the Panel;
- Experience in the Hills District;
- Public Liability and Professional Indemnity insurance cover of $20 million and $5 million respectively;
- Membership with Engineers Australia and Australian Geomechanics Society; and
- Estimated hours per assessment and cost per hour.
Please note: Consultancies may nominate no more than three consultants when responding to this tender.