The British Embassy Kyiv is now accepting project proposals from organisations (hereinafter – implementer) to implement the “Support to corporate governance reform of Ukroboronprom” project in promotion of the corporate governance reform of the Ukrainian state-owned defence company Ukroboronprom (UoP).
The UK is committed to supporting the Ukrainian government and its people during the ongoing conflict in the east. We are helping Ukraine to defend itself, and we are funding a range of conflict management and peace-building projects to help the most vulnerable people affected by the conflict.
Being a strategic defence company, UoP plays a key role in Ukraine’s security and defence system. The newly appointed management of UoP are supportive of reforming the company through the elimination of inherent corruption, enhancing transparency and efficiency, and aligning corporate governance structure with international standards. This reform is expected to positively influence Ukraine’s overall capability to resist external military aggression.
The objective of the project is to support UoP corporate governance reform by (i) reviewing its current corporate governance model; (ii) identifying strong practices and areas for improvement; (iii) defining a target corporate governance model; and (iv) developing a corporate governance reform action plan.
Scope of work
The project is expected to deliver the following:
Outcome: Develop a corporate governance reform strategy for UoP
This outcome should be supported by the following deliverables (outputs):
Output 1. Mapping and definition of the target corporate governance model for UoP
Key outputs should include:
- desk research based on the OECD Guidelines on Corporate Governance of State-Owned Enterprises and benchmarking the UoP corporate governance model against peer companies (local/international)
- mapping of laws, legal provisions and UoP internal regulations on the company’s corporate governance model
- review of the UoP corporate governance architecture, including the rules governing the company’s ownership policy
- description of the proposed target corporate governance model for UoP
- delivery of a workshop presenting the report on the mapping and definition of the target corporate governance model for UoP
Output 2. Review of UoP current corporate governance model and recommendations for its improvement
Key outputs should include:
- gap analysis by comparing the current UoP corporate governance practices against the proposed target corporate governance model
- recommendations on proposed changes, including institutional, legal, corporate, required to achieve the target corporate governance model
- a workshop presenting the report with recommendations on the changes needed to achieve the target corporate governance model
Output 3. Development of the corporate governance action plan for UoP
Key outputs should include:
- development of a step-by-step corporate governance action plan, including (i) a list of required actions with identified action owners; (ii) feasible timelines; and (iii) resources required for achieving (a) the transitional model and (b) the target corporate governance model by UoP
- a workshop presenting the corporate governance action plan
The implementer is expected to present the final documents (outputs) of the project to the Project Steering Committee for discussion and approval.
All final documents, including reviews, recommendations, reports and action plan, should be prepared in Ukrainian and English.
Requirements to bidders
To be eligible for project award, the bidder must:
- have extensive experience (over 10 years) in international consulting/advisory services and corporate governance reviews
- have specialised knowledge, direct experience and skills in conducting reviews of corporate governance models of state-owned companies in Ukraine
- have an understanding of the specific political, economic, and historical background of Ukraine’s reform agenda
- have the capacity to involve local and international expertise to ensure expected deliverables
- have experience in collaborating with UoP and/or associated Ukrainian government agencies and be capable of ensuring close working relationships with UoP representatives throughout the project implementation
- have thorough monitoring and evaluation tools/practices
- be legally eligible to carry out the activities indicated in the bid
- have sufficient operational, human resources and expert capacities to deliver expected results
The project duration is up to three months. The expected project start date is 23 December 2019.
The budget for this work is up to GBP 67,000.00.
The selected bidder must be able to receive project funding in GBP and open a GBP bank account for the project.
Bids will be assessed against the following criteria:
- alignment with the expected outcome and deliverables (outputs)
- proposed methodology and a list of activities to implement the project
- experience in conducting corporate governance reviews of state-owned companies in Ukraine
- ability to establish and maintain collaboration with UoP representatives to ensure successful implementation of the project
- realistic description of activities to provide the outcome and deliverables (outputs) within the project duration
- clear monitoring and evaluation procedures
- stringent risk and financial accountability procedures
- alignment of the project budget with requirements and recommendations listed in the CSSF activity-based budget template
- value for money
The bids will be evaluated by the Tender Evaluation Panel using the Tender Evaluation Matrix template.
Bidders should summit their proposals using the following templates:
CSSF Project Proposal Template (MS Word Document, 217KB)
CSSF Activity-Based Budget Template (MS Excel Spreadsheet, 27.7KB)
. Please make sure your files do not exceed 5 MB in size, otherwise you might not be able to submit your bid.
The deadline for submissions is 23:59 (Kyiv time) on Monday, 9 December 2019. Late submissions will not be considered. Bids can be submitted at any time up to the indicated deadline. The British Embassy Kyiv is not responsible for non-receipt. Bids submitted before that deadline will remain unopened until then.
When submitting, please indicate “Support to Corporate Governance Reform of Ukroboronprom” in the subject line of your e-mail.
Project bids must be submitted to the following