As 2020 comes to a close, we wanted to update you on our information and support services available over the festive period.
We know that the festive period can be hard for those affected by cancer, so pelase be aware that the following services are still available to support you during this time:
- Our 13 11 20 Information and Support line will continue to operate 9am-5pm Monday-Friday except on public holidays.
- Cancer Council Online Community will continue to be available 24/7 each day of the week during the festive season, for people to connect online with others affected by cancer.
- Webinars: Our past webinars can be accessed on our website.
- Print copies of Understanding Cancer information booklets are available to download as PDFs.
- The Thing About Cancer podcasts: Existing information podcasts can be accessed either on the Cancer Council website or in apps such as Apple podcasts.
The following support services will close for a short time over the festive period:
- Financial Assistance Services: will be closed from Tuesday 22 December 2020 and reopen on Wednesday 6 January 2021.
- Pro Bono Program: will be closed from Monday 21 December 2020 and reopen on Wednesday 6 January 2021.
- Transport to Treatment (T2T): will be closed from Thursday 24 December 2020 and reopen on Tuesday 5 January 2021. The last T2T service for the calendar year will be on Wednesday 23 December.
- Accommodation: The Accommodation hardship program will be closed from Tuesday 22 December 2020 and reopen on Wednesday 6 January 2021. We note the last date we can process new applications for accommodation before the New Year is Monday 21 December 2020.
- Inala House Tamworth and T2T service will remain open on Thursday 24 December and will only close for a few days before reopening again on Monday 4 January to accommodate patient check out and check in.
- Shoalhaven Patient Accommodation & Alkira Lodge Wollongong Patient Accommodation facilities will be supported by Cancer Council staff remotely, and LHD support staff on site, from Thursday 24 December to Monday 4 January.
- Lilier Lodge will operate over the festive period, with guests able to stay over the Christmas and New Year holiday. The facility will continue to be staffed, with the exception of Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day. To stay at Lilier Lodge during this time, contact reception on (02) 6925 5240. If this is after hours, the call will divert to an on-call staff member.
- Cancer Counselling: will be closed from Wednesday 23 December 2020 and reopen on Monday 11 January 2021.
- Telephone support groups: this service will close from Wednesday 16 December 2020 with the final group facilitated on Monday 14 December. Any referrals received will be processed from Tuesday 5 January 2021, with groups recommencing Monday 11 January 2021.
- Cancer Connect peer support program (one-to-one telephone only) will be closed from Wednesday 23 December 2020 and reopen on Monday 11 January 2021.