To celebrate the upcoming festive season and showcase our extremely talented Northern Adelaide performers, the City of Playford is proud to announce the 2019 Playford Carols Challenge.
If you are a performer and/or a group of performers – here is your chance to sing in front of more than 5,000 people at the Playford Community Christmas Carols this December.
All you need to do is film you and/or your group singing a Christmas Carol and submit the entry form with video to be in the running.
Not only will you have the opportunity to perform in front of a large crowd, but you will also win studio time at Northern Sound System and a $200 Derringers Music gift voucher to put towards your next music purchase.
The Playford Community Christmas Carols is our biggest event of the year and we can’t wait for you to be part of it.
Entries for the 2019 Playford Carols Challenge close Friday 18 October at 12pm. Terms and conditions apply*
- Applicant details
- Carols Challenge
- Guardian’s details (if required)
- Submit now
Competition: Entry form and video submission
One entry form and video submission per individual performer and group performers. Your video submission will not be accepted if the performer/s is not performing a Christmas Carol.
Entries open: Monday 23 September, 12pm
Entries close: Friday 18 October, 12pm
No entries to be accepted past this date and time
Panel made up Council and independent judges to select the top two finalists before going out to a community vote via social channels.
Judging: Week commencing 21 October
Community vote opens: Monday 28 October, 12pm
Community vote closes: Monday 3 November, 12pm
Winner will be selected by who has the highest votes at time of voting closure.
Winning performer/s to be decided by community vote via social channels with voting closing seven (7) days later
Winner announcement: Tuesday 4 November
Winning performer/s must be available to perform at the Playford Community Christmas Carols
Performance: Saturday 7 December, 4.30pm to 9.30pm
The 2019 Playford Carollers Challenge is an opportunity to showcase Northern Adelaide performers at the City’s largest community event of the year.
The performer/s entry form must be complete and accompanied by a video submission performing a Christmas Carol.
In the event the entry (form and video) is deemed unsuitable, objectionable, and inappropriate or does not meet the Challenge brief, the internal selection panel reserves the right to withdraw the entry from the Challenge.
- The opportunity to perform to up to 5,000 attendees at the Playford Community Christmas Carols on Saturday 7 December, 4.30pm to 9.30pm
- 5 hours of studio recording with sound technicians at Northern Sound System. Subject to studio and sound technician availability.
- $200 Derringers Music gift voucher
Publicity opportunity for entrants
A publicity campaign will accompany The 2019 Playford Carol Challenge. Performers’ submission material may or may not be used as part of this campaign.
The winning performer/s of the Challenge will be announced following a community vote of the top two finalists on Tuesday 4 November.
Conditions of entry
- https://www.facebook.com/Playf…Northern Adelaide performer/s are invited to enter the 2019 Playford Carollers Challenge by completing an entry form and video submission via www.playford.sa.gov.au/carolschallenge19. Singers and/or groups/bands are limited to one entry only.
- As part of the video submission entry, performer/s must perform a Christmas Carol that will be sung, if they were to win, at the Playford Community Christmas Carols on Saturday 7 December.
- Entrants must reside in a 15km radius of Fremont Park, Elizabeth. Please refer to the following list of suburbs: Andrews Farm, Angle Vale, Banksia Park, Bibaringa, Blakeview, Bolivar, Brahma Lodge, Buchfelde, Buckland Park, Burton, Cavan, Craigmore, Davoren Park, Direk, Dry Creek, Edinburgh, Edinburgh North, Elizabeth, Elizabeth Downs, Elizabeth East, Elizabeth Grove, Elizabeth North, Elizabeth South, Elizabeth Vale, Evanston Gardens, Evanston Park, Evanston South, Fairview Park, Gawler, Gawler East, Gawler River, Gawler South, Gawler West, Gepps Cross, Gilles Plains, Globe Derby Park, Golden Grove, Gould Creek, Green Fields, Greenwith, Gulfview Heights, Hillbank, Hillier, Holden Hill, Hope Valley, Houghton, Humbug Scrub, Ingle Farm, Inglewood, Kudla, Lewiston, Lower Hermitage, MacDonald Park, Mawson Lakes, Modbury, Modbury Heights, Modbury North, Munno Para, Munno Para Downs, Munno Para West, One Tree Hill, Para Hills, Para Hills West, Para Vista, Parafield, Parafield Gardens, Paralowie, Penfield, Penfield Gardens, Pooraka, Redwood Park, Reid, Ridgehaven, Salisbury, Salisbury Downs, Salisbury East, Salisbury Heights, Salisbury North, Salisbury Park, Salisbury Plain, Salisbury South, Sampson Flat, Smithfield, Smithfield Plains, St Agnes, St Kilda, Surrey Downs, Tea Tree Gully, Uleybury, Upper Hermitage, Valley View, Virginia, Vista, Walkley Heights, Waterloo Corner, Wynn Vale, Yatala Vale, Yattalunga
- In the instance of group performers’ submission, 50 per cent or more of the performers must reside in Northern Adelaide to be eligible for the Challenge.
- In the event that any or all of the performer/s are under the age of 18 – parental/guardian consent must be given. Please refer to the entry form.
- All material submitted (entry form and video submission) will form part of the judging process.
- City of Playford staff and councillors are ineligible to apply for the 2019 Playford Carol Challenge.
- Any publicity and video material submitted by the performer/s may be used in the 2019 Playford Carols Challenge publicity campaign.
- Any material submitted may be reproduced at the discretion of the City of Playford (including on the City of Playford social and digital platforms) for promotional purposes and at no cost to Council.
- In the event the entry is deemed unsuitable or does not meet the Challenge brief, the internal selection panel and judging panel reserves the right to withdraw entries from the Challenge.
- The decision of the internal selection panel (filtering entries that meet eligibility), judging panel (selected top two) and community (winner) is final and no correspondence or discussion regarding its decision will be entered into. By participating in the Challenge, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of the City of Playford internal selection panel and judging panel. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules.
- Costs associated with the entries will be the sole responsibility of the performer/s.
- Only the successful applicant will be notified following a community vote of the top two finalists on Tuesday 4 November. All applicants are advised to monitor the Playford Events Facebook page for announcements.
- The closing date for all entries is before Friday 18 October, 2019 at 12pm. Entries (including entry form and video submission) will not be accepted beyond this date and time.