A 51-year-old man will appear before the Alice Springs Local Court in relation to an incident in which a 14-year-old boy was struck by a vehicle while crossing the road yesterday.
It is alleged around 8am the boy was on his scooter crossing a pedestrian crossing on Larapinta Drive when a vehicle travelling west drove through a red light and struck him, Northern Territory Police say.
The boy received non-life threatening injuries and was transported to the Alice Springs Hospital.
Police arrested the driver on the scene after he returned a high range breath test of 0.169% BrAC.
The man will appear before court today on the following charges:
- Drive High Range Blood Alcohol Content
- Drive a motor vehicle while unlicensed
- Recklessly endangering serious harm
- Drive uninsured motor vehicle
- Drive motor vehicle unsafe to drive