A celebration of community spirit and welcoming our newest citizens was at the heart of the City of Swan’s Australia Day Citizenship Ceremony and Community Citizen of the Year Awards.
More than 60 residents from 26 countries pledged their loyalty to Australia, while six community members and one community group took home awards for their exceptional contribution to the community.
Congratulations to the award recipients –
- Allen Notte – Community Citizen of the Year
- Storn Petterson – Community Citizen of the Year
- Vidhub Sharma – Community Citizen of the Year
- Jean Bennion – Senior Community Citizenship Award
- Haeden Miles – Youth Community Citizenship Award
- Harper-Roy Abrahams – Youth Community Citizenship Award
- North East Metro White Ribbon Committee (Midland March that Matters) – Active Citizenship Award
City of Swan Mayor Kevin Bailey said both ceremonies were an opportunity to celebrate what it means to be Australian.
“It was an honour to welcome the newest members of the City of Swan family and celebrate the diversity and richness of cultures,” he said.
“We also acknowledged those who work tirelessly to improve the lives of others and make a real difference in their community through the exceptional nominations that were received for the Community Citizen of the Year Awards.”
In true Aussie style, attendees enjoyed a BBQ after the official ceremonies.
Information about the Community Citizen of the Year Awards is available on the Citizenship Awards website.