- City lifeguards will reinstate flags on beaches from Saturday 20 June.
- Library members can order and collect on-hold books from Monday 22 June (via appointment only) at all libraries except Robina and Palm Beach.
- From Saturday 11 July people can visit a library for express use of computers (with safe distancing applied), and physically browse and borrow books.
- The Gold Coast, Palm Beach, Miami, Helensvale, Nerang and Mudgeeraba Aquatics Centres will reopen with restricted services on Monday 22 June.
- Fitness Centres at the Gold Coast and Palm Beach Centres will also reopen on this date.
- The following will remain closed:
- Fitness classes, aqua classes and learn to swim classes will remain until the end of July.
- The 25m pool at Helensvale and the learn to swim pool at Nerang will remain closed until the end of July (refurbishment works).
- Upper Coomera Aquatics Centre will remain closed until Stage 3 of Queensland’s Roadmap to easing COVID-19 restrictions.
Waste and Recycling Centres
- Recycle Street at Reedy Creek will open from Thursday 11 June.
- The Endeavour Shop (recycle market) at Reedy Creek reopened this week.
- The Endeavour Shop at Southport will reopen Wednesday 17 June.
- Waste and Recycling Centres (WRC’s) are open during normal operating hours – all Covid-19 opening hour restrictions have been lifted.
- Every second parking bay will remain closed to ensure social distancing is undertaken, extended wait times may be experienced.
- Residents are encouraged to sort their load prior to visiting WRC’s to minimise congestion.
- The ‘odds and evens’ vehicle registration plate system at WRC’s has been lifted
- Residential green waste is only accepted at WRC’s with ‘Green waste drop and go’ which includes Coomera, Molendinar, Merrimac and Reedy Creek.
- No e-waste being accepted at WRCs at this time.
- Items deposited at the WRC are handled in a Covid-safe manner by City officers in accordance with Workplace Health and Safety protocols.
- The bouncy pillow will reopen from Monday 22 June.
- The Rotary Chapel will reopen for weddings, and BBQ/shelters will be available for bookings, of up to 20 people from Saturday 13 June.