All residents are invited to help shape guidelines that will define the overall township character for future developments in Drouin and Warragul.
The draft Warragul and Drouin Design Guidelines were prepared following preliminary community consultation carried out via pop-up market stalls and an online survey throughout March and April of this year.
The draft Guidelines aim to ensure that future residential development complements Drouin and Warragul’s local character, whether the developments are wholly new or part of infill development.
They cover a wide range of considerations, including but not limited to:
- significant character areas of Drouin and Warragul
- lot sizes
- building design and materials
- earthworks and retaining walls
- street layouts
- building and landscape design
- property access
- ·vegetation retention
The draft Guidelines are now available for all residents to review and to provide further input to make sure they meet community expectation.
How to get involved
There are several ways residents can participate in this important community consultation which will shape the look and feel of new developments in Drouin and Warragul.
Residents can take part in one of two facilitated drop-in sessions*:
- Drouin Football Club Social Rooms at Sinclair Street, Drouin – Thursday 14 October from 4pm to 7pm.
- Fountain Room at West Gippsland Arts Centre, Warragul – date to be confirmed.
An online survey is also available to all community members via Council’s website.
This consultation opportunity will be open until 5pm Thursday 4 November 2021, unless otherwise extended.